If you know me, you will know I absolutely love MUA Make-up Academy from Superdrug for their great products and craaaaazy cheap prices! Lately they have really been expanding their range and bringing out loads of new products, which I am super excited about. One of their new additions is an ‘intense’ lipgloss called Intense Kisses- High Intensity Gloss.
I picked up the shades Smooch and Pucker Up
Smooch is a really pretty peachy/orange with lots of shimmer and glitter. I was wondering how ‘intense’ this colour would actually be when applied and was hopeful that it would live up to it’s name.
Unfortunately I was pretty disappointed with the colour pay off, as you can see in the image, its not particularly intense at all. The glitter is really pretty and adds a nice shine, I would say this colour is better for a more natural look.
On its own the gloss just offers a little shimmer to the lips.
I added an orange lipstick underneath and it added a nice effect however I feel any gloss could do this.
I like this lipgloss shade, it isn’t very ‘intense’ however for the price it is still really nice colour.
The other shade I picked up was ‘Pucker Up’ which is a beautiful bright red. After the disappointed of the first shade I wasn’t expecting much from this colour other than a slight red tinge, however I was very pleasantly surprised.
This colour is actually very intense and a really beautiful shade of red.
On it’s own the colour is really wearable and opaque, great for adding a quick red lip after work- it’s definitely one to keep in your handbag!
I added a red lipstick underneath even though the gloss didn’t need it at all, I just wanted to see the difference, which there wasn’t much!
I just love this colour!
For the price- just £2 this product is amazing! Even though I wasn’t so keen on the first shade, the red is so beautiful and I definitely will be trying more of the other colours. There are 8 in total and they range from light nude to bubblegum pink to deep pink and reds.
They are available now in selected Superdrug stores and online at http://www.muastore.co.uk/index.php/
Have you tried the glosses? What do you think?
I am not in anyway affiliated with MUA and all opinions are my own.
So basically, I am totally addicted to The Voice. It is amaziiiing and my Saturday night would not be complete without it!
This weekend saw the first of the Live Shows and Jessie J looked super cool with her bright orange lip! I loved her make-up and so I thought I would share this tutorial.
PRODUCTS I USED:
Kryolan Loose Translucent Powder- Colourless
Benefit Brow Zings- Medium
HOW I CREATED THE LOOK:
- Cover your whole eye area in MUA Eye primer, right up to the brow bone
- Neaten and fill your brows, I used Benefit Brow Zings in Medium.
- Using an oval brush, sweep Midnight Cowboy Rides Again over your lid and dab Half Baked over the top
- Using a blending brush, I used Louise Young’s LY38, and Twice Baked, blend the socket line and sweep outwards slightly for a winged effect
- Using MAC’s Smoulder eye kohl, pencil the lower lash line and blend with your finger
- With a small oval brush, dab Twice Baked across the lined area
- Take your MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack and line your upper lashes winging the outside edge
- Jessie always has beautiful long lashes so apply lots of mascara and your favourite falsies! I love Eylure’s Naturalites because they give lots of volume and drama whilst still looking natural.
- Cleanse, tone and moisturise the skin to make sure it is smooth and well prepped. I use Simple
- Apply your foundation using your fingers to give an even base, I used MAC Face and Body because I love the light coverage it gives
- Dust the face lightly with powder, Kryolan’s Translucent is the one I used
- Sweep MUA’s Pearl Eyeshadow in Shade 1 across the cheekbone and under the brow
- Jessie had a natural glow to her cheeks so I used MUA’s Mosaic Bronzer to give a subtle colour to skin. Sweep Shade 1 across the apples of the cheeks and along the cheek bone
- Make sure your lips are nice and smooth with no dry skin ready for application
- Highlight the cupids bow using MUA Pearl eyeshadow in Shade 1
- Jessie loves a bold lip and she opted for orange this weekend so to make the lip colour last longer apply MUA Eye Pencil in Bright Orange
- Apply MAC’s Morange lipstick, the same colour Jessie wore on the show
Hope you like this look! Tune in to The Voice on Saturday at 7pm to see what make-up Jessie will be wearing this week!
This season’s super hot trend for summer has got to be orange lips.
Two of the UK’s biggest television shows, The Voice and Britain’s Got Talent, both sported their stars wearing an orange lip this weekend. Jessie J rocked a rich opaque orange lip where as Alesha Dixon opted for a more subtle orange gloss.
Jessie J on The Voice Alesha Dixon on B.G.T
An orange lip is a great alternative to your classic red and gives a bright pop of colour, perfect for those summer days! You can be as extreme or as soft with this colour as you like, because it is so versatile.
GO BOLD LIKE JESSIE
I used MAC’s Lipstick in Morange to create this bold lip, it is quick and easy and the lipstick is super creamy so it just glides on.
Another way to create a bold lip is to use an orange eyeliner. Below I used MUA’s Intense Colour Eye Liner in Bright Orange.
I then added MUA’s Lip Gloss tube in Shade 4 over the top. This lipgloss is a beautiful peachy gold so it is the perfect compliment to an orange lip!
There are lots of products available to give you the perfect Bold Orange Lip, here are some I recommend:
MAC Lipstick- Morange £13.50
Lime Crime Opaque Lipstick- My Beautiful Rocket $15.99 (Approx £10)
OCC Lip Tar- BETA $14 (Approx £9)
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick- Siren $7.99 (Approx £5)
GO SUBTLE LIKE ALESHA
Alesha Dixon looked great on Britain’s Got Talent and here is a tip for an easy way to get a subtle pop of colour. Using your favourite orange lippy (I used MAC’s Morange) dab the product in the centre of your lips, top and bottom. Now, using your finger blend the product across your whole lip to create the perfect soft colour! This technique is best with a really creamy product that blends well.
You can then add your favourite gloss over the top! I used MUA’s Lipgloss tube in Shade 4.
If you want your lip to be even more natural, try just using a tinted gloss.
Here are some lip products to give you the perfect subtle orange lip:
With just one lipstick and gloss its so easy to create lots of different looks because there are so many different combinations to try out. I am loving my orange lip this season and I think you should all try it out!
MAC’s Reel Sexy range featuring supermodel Kristen Mcmenamy. The range includes an array of limited edition Dynamic Duo eyeshadows, Nail Lacquers, Cremesheen Glass and Mineralise Skin Finish in bold and vivid colours! LOVE that orange lip <3
Watch the campaign video here.
Very fun and colourful and easy to do! I wanted to do something dramatic but with alot of bright colours and this is what I ended up with!
PRODUCTS I USED:
MAC Lipstick in Neon Orange (PRO only product, similar colour in Morange)
HOW TO CREATE THE LOOK:
- Prime your eye, I used MUA Professional Eye Primer. I covered the whole lid up to the brow bone and blended with my finger.
- Taking an oval brush and the white from the Sleek pallette, dab in the inner corner of the eye.
- Now taking the yellow from the sleek pallette, dab a patch of yellow just after the white. Do this with each colour, taking it up to the crease but not overlapping each other.
- Once you have the colour on your lid, you need to blend them in. Starting from the second colour (in this case yellow) apply a tiny amount on the brush and place it on top of the yellow patch you already applied. Now sweep the brush gently towards the inner corner of the eye to blend the colours making sure you aren’t overlapping too much.
- Do this for all the colours.
- Now taking a small oval brush and a black, draw a line where you want your crease to be. You want this line to be as neat as possible because we want it to look sharp.
- Once you have drawn the line take a blending brush with a pointed tapered end. Holding it at an upright angle, blend along the black line making sure you are only blending the top and not the bottom. This should create a soft edge on your cut crease.
- Using an eyeliner brush sweep black liner over the top lash line.
- Line your waterline with white.
- Apply mascara or false lashes.
To finish the look I added foundation and lipstick. To created this two-toned lipstick fill the lips in with pink, leaving the your inner lip. Then using your finger dab the orange where there is no colour and blend slightly into the pink.
Hope you like this look! It looks very effective and you can use this technique with any colours!
Have a go :)