Photography by Laurence Laborie
REVLON NAIL POLISH IN ‘GIRLY’
I recently picked this up because I’m a real sucker for glitter nail polishes. Girly is a beautiful combination of pink, purple and blue glitter on a milky pink base.
It applys really well and you get a good glitter payout, which is often a problem with these kind of polishes. The only issue is that the pink base colour is kind of sheer. I would recommend using a pink on the nails first before applying this polish.
This is a look by make-up artist Adam Burrell, I love his work so much! It is always so beautiful and inspiring! Look at that blending! Oooooooooo
This is a picture step-by-step of how I created a rainbow eye :)
I will shortly post some other images and a worded step-by-step!
Hope you like!
I am in LOVE with this image! From the new Shop MAC campaign.
This is a look I created today, I wanted to do something with a nice pop of colour. So I decided to do a bold purple eye and a bright fuscia lip.
The Products I used:
MUA Professional Eye Primer (Available at Superdrug)
Sleek Acid Pallette- White and Purple (colour circled in red)
Brows- Benefit Brow Zings in Medium
Kryolan Translucent Powder
MUA Single Eyeshadow in Shade 1 (highlight)
Accessorise Blusher (available in Superdrug)
HOW I CREATED THE LOOK:
- Its best to start with the eyes so you don’t get any fall out on the face. Using MUA’s Professional Eye Primer (£2.50) dab a fair amount on the lid and rub in with your finger making sure you cover the whole area up to the brows.
- With the purple shade in Sleek’s Acid Pallette and an oval brush, press the shadow firmly onto the lid up to the crease to create an even colour base.
- Now using a blending brush and a small amount of the purple blend the crease continuously until happy with the gradient.
- With a large fluffy brush and the white from the Sleek Pallette, apply under the brow bone and blend downwards into the purple.
- Taking the purple again and a small oval brush, sweep the colour under the lower lash line.
- Apply white eyeliner to the waterline, I used MAC’s Eye Kohl in Fascinating.
- With MAC’s Fluidline in BlackTrack apply liner on the upper lash line and take it slightly outwards to create a flick.
- Cut your lashes to the correct size and apply them to your eyes.
- Apply mascara on your bottom lashes.
- Fill in your brows with the appropriate colour, I like to use Benefit Brow Zings.
- Apply your foundation, I used MAC’s Studio Sculpt.
- Conceal under the eyes using a colour slightly lighter than your natural skin tone and cover any blemishes.
- Powder your foundation, I used Kryolans Translucent Powder.
- With a large angled brush and MUA’s Pearl Eyeshadow in shade 1, highlight the cheekbones and the cupids bow (upper lip)
- With a small blusher brush apply MAC Fleur Powder just under the cheekbones to create a contour.
- Apply Accessorise blusher softly to the apples of the cheeks.
- Using your favourite lip brush, apply 17 lipstick.
- With your finger, dab Illamasqua’s clear gloss in Brilliant over the top of your lips.
Pictures taken in natural sunlight.
Hope you like the look!
Vogue Italia - Haute Mess
By Steven Meisel